Thursday, November 12, 2009

backlog

OK

Sooo, I have been thinking of things that make me beautiful, but I happen to forget them... but now I have a handy dandy square moleskine which will help me remember...

This is my backlog to this date of things I can remember that I found beautiful about myself, or things I feel will aid in bettering my concept of myself.... I am thinking of adding audio clips to this blog.. let me know what you think, or if you have any suggestions, annnnd I would love to hear what makes you the amazingly stunning human you are!

Day 1:

Spoke with my kinesiologist friend Andy regarding a Reiki treatment in exchange for a nutrition consultation to help me get my health in check. To see what nutrients work best together and he told me to keep a food journal, which I will start now since I carry my new amazing square sheeted moleskine everywhere I go...

Day 2 and 3 and 4: I forgot.. sorry, didn't want to lie and make things up... next..

Day 5: I have come to accept my afro-like wild crazy curly hair.... it is really beautiful and bountiful and goes amazingly with my face...

Day 6: err I may have gotten the day wrong, but my best friend Anya and I were speaking about people who attempt to borrow identity to create a sense of cool for themselves. I may not be the most confident person... but I definitely don't feel I have this need... I think I am pretttty coooool and am happy with my quirks...

Day 7: I have super kind eyes... people in Egypt used to call me habibi and said I have a light heart... they used to weigh hearts in Egypt to decide whether someone was going to the underworld or not... the lighter the heart the better the person.. I know my eyes reflect this.. wow I feel conceited...

Note: This is a moderate struggle for me because I am feeling very conceited and selfish being like blah blah blah I am amazing la dee da, but I realize the productivity of this sort of recognition because maybe if people see someone like me who isn't conventionally beautiful... (wtf is that anyways... geeeeeeez) happy with myself, they may feel more inclined to feel better too... sooooo selfishness in a non-selfish manner is my goal...

Day 8: I have a very proportionate face... its very symmetrical and pretty... I once had this man tell me my face is like 1001 nights.. I didn't get it and made it akward.. I guess the insecurities were in full effect that evening.. once I learned about what his comment was referring to (1001 arabian nights... ) I feel it is one of the most lovely compliments I have ever received.. thank you mister!


a la prochaine!

2 comments: